Monday 9 May 2011

Myth busters - Dry skin

I know for a fact that a lot of people suffer from dry skin, me being one of them having being diagnosed with eczema for a year (my aunty and my mum are also suffering from this). I did some research on the subject to see if there was a maybe a 'cure' or something that can control it at the very least.

The remedies/cures I want to obtain are going to be natural, not beauty products you can buy from the shop but household products you can easily get your hands on without any trouble, I used this website to help me with my post: http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/homeremedies_dryskin.

Dry skin is caused by lack of natural oils being produced by the oil glands in the skin.
Causes of dry skin include:

  • Environmental factors (lack of humidity, cold, excess make-up, sun exposure, harsh soaps and pollution)
  • Nutrient deficiency (deficiency of Vitamin E, A and B) 
  • Skin problems like eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis
  • Less natural oil from oil glands
On the website along with the causes, there is a wide list of supposed things that will help or prevent this condition. So over the course of the next few weeks, I'm going to try a few of them to see what works and what doesn't. 
  1. Wash face in olive oil or sunflower oil every night
  2. Soaking face in warm water for 10 minutes
  3. Mash a ripe banana and apply to the face and neck
First I will try these three to see if they do what they say on the tin.

NOTE: for test 1, you will need to decanter a small amount of the oil into a small travel shower gel bottle to prevent spillage, also don't touch your face as it'll be very greasy from the oil

No comments:

Post a Comment