Monday 14 February 2011

Primark clothing haul

On Saturday Swansea was the place to be, me + my friend Stacey decided to go up there to see our friends Jake + Jesse, we mainly saw Jake who didn't object to being pulled around a variety of girly clothes shops which I respect him for! All of the items I bought were from the known bargain store 'Primark' although at one point I did nearly purchase a dress/top from Topshop which was on sale!

Crop top
I am in love with this top, it's a grey/silver colour and feels almost silky even though it's made from polyester and elastane! It's extremely lightweight, has a luxurious fall to it and blends in to almost any outfit effortlessly. The top can be very misleading as when you sit down it looks like a full length top until you stand up, depending on height it will fall to different points of the stomach, for me it finishes just above where my jeans begin. It can be worn in any season with the correct styling which made it a must-have buy for me!
£5.00

Lace top
In one of my previous articles (S/S 2011) I briefly mentioned that lace was in style, well I bagged myself a lace top from Primark. It may be approximately 4 sizes to big, but i did this deliberately as I love the slouchy kind of style that you ca achieve by buying clothes a few sizes to big, anyone who feels like it can d this, you don't have to listen to these 'fashion rules' because think about it, is there really any? Normally lace is considered to be white or another neutral colour however this time round it can be any colour AND any pattern possible as long as there's only one lace item in the outfit. The top i bagged was a navy lace floaty top with gating just around the front of the neckline and ruffles down the racer cut back!
£6.00


Tank top
Time to stock up on basic wardrobe staples, after searching the store for these I finally found them stacked neatly on a shelf on the far wall, originally i was going to pick up one but when i saw the cut had been altered and there was a bigger range of colours, i had to grab 2! I opted for a tan and a white top as these are both neutral colours and that is the main colour scheme for these coming months, also thy will go with anything at anytime. (extra bonus!) When i previously bought a tank top the straps were quite thick and the neckline was rounded and halfway between the neck and the bust however, this time round the straps were quite thin and the neckline was wider and just above where the bust starts but high enough not to show too much!
£2.00 each



Skinny jeans
Lighter colours is what i need this summer and skinny jeans is my staple, it's the only style jeans i wear, i know i should branch out but for now i'm comfortable in what i know so i'll stick to it for awhile. The wash is a mixture of stonewash and indigo wash as the bottoms are so dark yet around the thigh area it's extremely light, where it's faded. Of course they did this as a deliberate feature but this will happened to jeans overtime anyway! The pocket has an embroidered detailing on the back in a white and tan thread kind of what you'd see on cowboy jeans back in the Wild West. I grabbed the super skinny edition, as jeans that hug my leg is what i love because although my legs are extremely thin and look like chicken legs i do love showing them off.
£8.00



Bikini
As i'm spending 95% of my time at the beach this summer, i needed a show stopping bikini to make me stand out from the crowd. I discovered a tropical print bikini set for a bargain price, which i instantly fell in love with! Okay, this made me go slightly over budget but i knew i wouldn't regret it so the guilt has yet to set in and i don't think it's coming anytime soon. The print is a gorgeous combination of bright blues, purples, pinks and oranges that give it an exotic vibe, and is decorated with a bold black palm tree. I love palm trees they're so calming and remind me of tropical far off places that i escape to in my mind. Unlike other bikinis that i've purchased during the last 2 years, this one is a clip up back not a tie up back, this will save a lot of hassle when it comes to doing it up by myself, although i may need some help with the tie up halter neck feature.
£8.00



Double ring
As i'e said before finding rings is difficult for me because of my thin fingers but i figured why not give Primark rings a shot! I'm glad i did. This one fit like a perfectly made glove! It's a double ring that covers two fingers at the same time. It's a gold piece with the word 'love' in capital italics! The 'O' has been manipulated into a heart encrusted with dimantes to give it a bit more bling.
£1.50




- Kayla

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog...its SO cool :)
    Visit and maybe follow?
    http://laceetleather.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice ring! :)

    www.thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete